Wednesday 28 December 2011

Something different!

I happened across the Stamp Man Challenge Blog and saw that the challenge this week was to try a new technique( details here.) I recently bought some grunge paper and fragments and thought this was a great opportunity to try something a bit different.

I stamped the photograph image onto cream card and affixed it to the fragments with glossy accents. I distressed the other side of the fragments with alcohol ink (latte, espresso and ginger). I also stamped the film reel image onto acetate and distressed it with alcohol ink. I love these stamps - the first time I've used them and I'm sure I'll use them lots! They are the Lost and Found set from Tim Holtz.

The cogs and sprockets are also from Ranger. I die cut a couple of flowers (from the Tattered Floral dies from Sizzix) out of Patterned paper and also out of grunge paper and glued the two together. The screw brad is from Creative Expressions.

The paper is from the Prima Printery pad and is just scrumalicious! It's all been distressed with tea dye and walnut stain distress ink.

I had a great time making this card; it was such a nice change from making 'pretty' cards. I wish I could make really great 'distressed' cards - more practice needed I think. Still, I had a great time and that's the main thing!

So glad I 'happened across' the Stamp Man Challenge Blog! Hugs, Jayne xx

4 comments:

M said...

I think this is a really great distressed card! I struggle with them too - it takes me out of my comfort zone to do dirty, scruffy stuff - pretty clean simple lines are so much easier! M x

Rosietoes said...

It's always good to stretch yourself Jayne. You have done a great job with this card.

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a very happy and creative New Year.

Edna x

Neil said...

Lovely project. Thanks for entering The Stamp Man technique challenge.Hope you have a lovely week.

lisa said...

Hi Jayne
Sorry to be so late visiting you, but I see my teamie, Neil has visited you as well to thank you for joining us at The Stampman. I love your entry for the techniques challenge. The photo on the fragments looks great, it creates a lovely vintage feel and your grunge flowers compliment everything perfectly. I love the smell of grungepaper, yes I know weird or what!!!
Hope you manage to join us again.
Hugs Lisax