Tuesday 6 December 2011

Anything but a Christmas Card

The LOTV challenge this week is 'Anything but a Christmas Card'. My daughter has been invited to a 4th birthday party at the end of December and so I decided to try out this book card (with thanks to Edna at Anotherdayanothercard.blogspot.com for pointing me in the right direction for the instructions). Find the link here
The image is LOTV; I've used it loads! It's been coloured in with copics and distressed with dusty concord. The papers are from Nitwits - I think this is the Halloween Hooligans FQB. The sentiment is a Hobby Art stamp as is the little spider inside the book. I've used the Tim Holtz Vintage Market alphabet dies for the lettering. The cut bat and cat are also from the Halloween Hooligans FQB and I've re-sized them in MCS.
I stitched (me with a needle! Didn't manage to sew a button onto my coat though!) a cobweb in the corner of the book with some sparkly black thread.

For a first attempt, I'm quite happy with it and more importantly I hope that Oliver loves it. I still need to make a box but I'll leave that for another day. I must confess that assembling the pages turned out to be quite stressful and quite a bit of swearing went on! I'm sure that my next attempt will be more successful!
I'm off to watch Harry's Law with a nice cuppa and a chocolate or two. It would be foolish to start my diet before Christmas wouldn't it?
Have a great evening, hugs, Jayne x

1 comment:

Hazel said...

It's beautiful Jayne, I bet he loves it. I think your mojo must be well and truly back, judging by this. Mine's still walkabout. Hazel x