Sunday 11 December 2011

Back to the beginning . . .

This is the first Tilda I ever bought and I think she's still my favourite; even with the bow on her hat she has a bit of a tomboy feel. I've teamed her up with my new Bo Bunny Gabrielle Collection papers. How scrummy are these? However, it might have been worth thinking about matching embellishments because halfway through making the card I realized I had practically nothing to go with it!
I got there in the end! The flowers and corner are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Some of the flowers were white and I coloured with a tea green promarker. The corner was silver but I stained it with latte alcohol ink. The gorgeous ribbon in teal green was from Sam Poole who I think has free P&P until Christmas. The butterfly is my new die :) - a magnolia doohickey. I'm going to have to put it on about a thousand cards so I feel as though I got my money's worth!!!!! A few gems and a bit of antique linen distress ink on everything and I was done. It was nice to spend a while colouring - I sure do need more practice.
Hugs, Jayne xx

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I think your colouring is brilliant and so is the card. I've got a few Tildas but Eric keeps telling me they're like baby hippos and horrible so I've stopped using them so much. lol Hazel x