Monday 1 August 2016

Squirrel's Not So Random Challenge :-)

Woohoo! Squirrel has decided to make her random challenges not quite so random! So, every two months we (Squirrel, Annette, Sue, Becky and me) will be running a new challenge. There's plenty of time to enter and our first challenge is 'Anything Goes'. What could be easier?

I was a bit nervous about making a card for this though, so decided to crack open my super delicious new Maja Design papers. Eeek. I hate cutting into expensive papers - I break out into a sweat!
These papers are from the Coffee in the Arbour pack and I teamed them with Wryn Poppies from Tiddlyinks. I don't think I've coloured her before and I got my knickers in a rare old twist! It worked out ok in the end.
I went for minimal embellies on the basis that if I was paying big bucks for expensive papers I at least wanted to see them ! hahaha.

So that's me. Please visit the other DT's blogs - their creations are super scrumptious :-)

Big hugs and a Happy Yorkshire Day :-) Jayne xxx

7 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous design and love that stamp she's so pretty I think i have her hidden away not used naughty love and hugs Carole x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Jayne, Wryn looks fab and those papers are fab.
Happy Yorkshire Day to you too....we went to Bridlington...in the rain!! hey ho that's Yorkshire for you!
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Hi Jayne, this is a beautiful card, I love your gorgeous colouring of sweet Wryn and your card design is super pretty. I am so chuffed to be a nutty Acorn with you!
Sue...xxx

Annette said...

Happy Yorkshire day hun, (it was news to hubby and he's a Yorkshireman!) I love your cute card. I have those papers and they're my (current) favourites too, and Wryn is adorable. I may 'need' this one of her soon!
xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So gorgeous, papers are to be used not just looked at and stroked and they are gorgeous S is that image which is coloured beautifully x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

All those flowers and frills! So good you didn't cover up that cute paper. Love your coloring job.

Kat W said...

I have to agree that it's tough cutting into such pretty papers and yes, it's nice to avoid over-embellishing and covering them all up...I might be guilty of this sometimes!
Your colouring definitely worked out ok in the end...it looks fabulous and Wryn looks so pretty in pink :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx