Monday 13 August 2012

Two super quick Christmas Cards!

Still feeling really rough :(  I made these two in super quick time before I went to collapse on the sofa! This bug is a real nuisance; I hate to feel slowed down! Both these digi images and papers are from the Dreamees Christmas Memories CD.


This beautiful tree digi is my new favourite from the CD. I've used the Big and Juicy Hydrangea ink pad to do the shading behind the trees with a touch of Spun Sugar distress ink for the really pale pink in the middle. This is such a versatile image - I might try inking with oranges and yellows next. The border is the Memory Box Spring Border (again, sorry!). Flowers and ribbon from WOC.

This next one was even quicker and would be great for batch card making. The image has been coloured with copics and then cut out with the Christmas Ornament die from Spellbinders.





The baubles and corners are also from Dreamees (Cuttables 3 CD, but also available as die cuts). I love this soft lilac colour but you could could go all reds and greens for a real traditional look.

I'm going to try to finish a Saturated Canary card I started yesterday - my first attempt to colour went in the bin as poor Honey's face resembled a satsuma. Soooo not a good look!!

Hope you're having a great week, big hugs, Jayne xx

8 comments:

Kim said...

two gorgeous cards Jayne. hope you're feeling better soon.
Kim x

Pia S said...

Two super quick cards? Would take me hours to make these:) They both look great. I especially like the black details on the first one, together with the lovely image of the trees. Hope you'll feel better soon!

Lorraine said...

Super quick and gorgeous!! Lovely Christmas cards, fab designs and love the colours.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Hugs Lorraine x

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Jayne, they don't look 'quick' to me. I love the designs and the colours are wonderful.
I do hope you are feeling better really soon
Hugs Sue

Elise said...

HI ya Jayne! OoOOo these are gorgeous!! Love the black/purple combo and the image is so beautiful! And the second card is nice and soft, with the die cuts complimenting everything! Gorgeous!!!

Hope you are well my dear!

Big Hugs,
Elise

coops said...

both so stunning jayne.your designs are really stylish and i love the fab image.
i hope you feel better soon.

xx coops xx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Both of these are beautiful.
Hurry up and get well.
Hugs
Chris
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jayne , beautiful cards they are truly stunning and looked beautiful on our stand at Donnington.
Carol x