Monday 21 May 2012

Embossing over at Winter Wonderland

Get me making a start on my Christmas cards in May! The challenge this week over at Winter Wonderland is embossing - either heat or dry. I've used both!


The reindeer and snowflakes are Kanban stamps and I have embossed the reindeer in black sparkle embossing powder. The embossed pieces of card are a bit of a hotch potch! The piece at the back was embossed using the Sizzix Birthday Vines folder, the middle piece was from my stash box and the dotty one is the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I've used the X-Cut Flower Doily punch for the pretty border.

The snowflakes are Spellbinders dies - they took about 8 rolls through the Calibur to cut and then wouldn't come out of the die. The air was blue! The ribbon is black silk ribbon from WOC. Never again - it's as soft as butter and I couldn't tie the wretched stuff!!!!

I think with a couple of tweaks it might end up as my batch Christmas card design. I need something that will go in the standard post so I'll have to lose the bow. Will have to think what to replace it with. You can tell there are no Crafter's in the senior posts at Royal Mail!!!!

I missed the Distress Marker sets at Joanna Sheen. I am beyond steaming mad.

I'm going to enter this into:

Winter Wonderland - Embossing

Hugs, Jayne

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Stunning Christmas card Jayne - love the impact that the black and white gives. I haven't done mine yet - maybe tomorrow!
Lorraine x

Kim said...

loving the monochrome 'impact'! design looks great
Kim x

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Wonderful work Jayne. One Christmas card made only 99 to go!
Huggles Chris xxx

downrightcrafty said...

oh gorgeous embossing and a lovely creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx

Hazel said...

It's beautiful, Jayne. I'm not even attempting any Christmas cards until later in the year. Hazel x

Donna Mosley said...

Jayne, thank you for the lovely comment you left me hun, you are a love. :o) This is so gorgeous. Love the image and black/white combo.

Donna x

June Nelson said...

My little sweet pal this is gorgeous and what a lovely difference the black and whit makes to a christmas card just brilliant hunnie xxxxxxxxxx

Squirrel x said...

Wow hunny, the black and white makes such a statement,and what a gorgeous one it is! Fabulous embossing - thanks for sharing with us this week at Winter Wonderland. Hugs Santas Little Helper xx

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous love the image and the black and white looks really effective. Caroline xx

Anonymous said...

I really like this card, the embossing is lovely and the snowflake is just so delicate. Great card xx

Unknown said...

Jayne - just loving this card in black and white - so classy and not sure you should ditch the bow (however much the PO charges!) - am sure JS will be getting more DM's in soon........don't stress!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Jayne...Lovely embossing. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Debbie x