Friday 20 July 2012

A card for a special friend!

I've come to the conclusion that my posts are too long and wittery so I'm going to cut to the chase! This card was made for a very dear blogging buddy of mine. She said the card was so heavy that it nearly broke her hand (I think she was having a drama queen moment!!!) lol!

The papers are the very beautiful 'Love Letters' collection from First Edition. The stamps are Wee Stamps and were free in a magazine - I nearly lost the will to live colouring the hair!! I really need to practice colouring this image but this was my first attempt so stand well back and squint a bit! The flowers are from WOC and the gorge ribbon is from my local craft shop. I ordered some ribbon from Sam Poole's shop and totally forgot I had run out of pink ribbon - so now I have lots of ribbon but still no pink. Grrr!

I'm doing well - I now three weeks ahead with my DT cards but I'm way behind with the housework. Something's gotta give though!

Big hugs for a super weekend. Jayne xxx

5 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

I love this card jayne, your colouring is fab..
Love the layout too, that ribbon is gorgeous..

Have a good weekend
Hugs Kelly

Pia S said...

I think you've colored her hair beautifully, and the rest of the image too! I totally get what you're saying about the household too...

Kim said...

gorgeous card Jayne - and please don't cut down on the posts - it's great to hear your tales & about your daughter! Although I definitely need to cut mine down as each post seems to turn more into an episode of a soap opera! And the hair colouring looks fantastic!
Kim x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Jane, such a lovely image and the colours are really gorgeous

Sue

Squirrel x said...

Tis really beautiful, and the hand comes out of the sling next week! Honestly hun, the photo doesn't have a patch on the real thing, I was honoured to receive it, and thank you again from the bottom of my heart. Hugest of hugs, Sxx