Tuesday 21 August 2012

Ahoy there me hearties!

Sorry I haven't posted in days, life just gets in the way sometimes! This is a card I made for an article in Creative Cardmaking (Issue 45 I think). The article brief was using dies in different ways - it was tougher than I thought!!


This 'Walk the Plank' stamp is my new favourite (lol) from LOTV. How cute is this image? It's the kind of thing my daughter would do and it just makes me smile every time I colour it! The fab papers are from Rusty Pickle. The banner has been cut using the Whimsy Stamp Banner Pennant dies. The anchor is a Marianne Creatables die - I've embossed it with gold embossing powder - it's soooo cute!

I've come to realise that cards for magazines have to be quite simple - you have no idea how long it takes to write step by step instructions! I know it's really basic but I loved the image and I have nothing else to share until LLF challenge day on Thursday!!

Hope you're having a great week; my uncle is visiting from Cardiff and my daughter is beyond giddy (favourite uncle and all that!!!!!). Hugs, Jayne xx

5 comments:

Kim said...

fantastic card Jayne, love that adorable image!
Kim x

Sue said...

WOW! This is fabulous. I love that image too and you have coloured it so beautifully. The design with those brill papers, bunting and anchor is wonderful.
Hugs Sue

Home sweet home said...

Love this card and I love the design so fun.
Fab image too:):)

Wish you a lovely week:):)

Hugs Merethe

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jayne, love the image, I have this one but it's avoided the ink so far!! Fab colours too and I love the porthole effect!
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Really lovely card Jayne, stunning colouring.

Carol xx