Tuesday 1 May 2012

Sometimes it's about the journey, not the destination.

I can't remember the last time I made a card from scratch. You know, hand stamped the background and all that! Well today, inspired by Stampendous Fran, I got super inky and made one heck of a mess in my craft room! I'm not completely happy with the results but I'm blogging the card because I had such a good time making it!
The ribbon is more pinky in real life but the light has not been good today (neither has the weather, lol) It was a bit of a frenzied stamping session so I'll try to remember what I used. The main image is a Stampendous cling stamp called 'Rose Corset' I embossed it in Stampendous Aged Mahogany embossing tinsel. The flower background is the LOTV vintage background stamp, again embossed in the embossing tinsel. The other paper is stamped using the Inkylicious Create a Collage Vintage Script stamp set. The sentiment is from a Creative Expressions set  - Elegant Ladies I think.

The gold embossing powder around the edges at the top of the paper is from the Stampendous Aged Rose embossing enamel - just beautiful to use. I've used pink chalk on the topper edges and on the roses. The aged effect on the pink card was done using Fran's tip - put some coffee granules with hot water in your spritzer bottle and spritz away!

It's not altogether successful, but, as a first attempt at Fran-tage it could have been worse. I'm really glad Fairy Chris reminded me that sometimes we have to have fun with our craft!

My little one is in bed, my man is at his Sangha - the house is quiet and I'm going to watch Harry's Law IN PEACE!!!! Thanks for stopping by, your lovely comments keep me going! Hugs, Jayne xx

I'm entering this into:
The Stampman - Shabby Chic/Vintage

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great card Jayne, I've never done anything like this - I wouldn't know where to start. Love the background and the big bow. Would like to say my two little ones are in bed and asleep well they're in bed but. . . .!!
Hugs Lorraine x

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Beautiful,adorable card.
I love this.
Hugs
Chris x

Kim said...

great card Jayne - works really well. Can't remember when I last got my heat gun out, but you've inspired me to brush the dust off it and get messy again!
Kim x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Such a pretty card. Zo xx

Hazel said...

I seem to have gone off 'getting messy'lately. Your card is great, completely away from your usual style. Hazel x

June Nelson said...

I think its beautiful me darlin and doin it all from scratch well done you, you have some patience xxxxx

Wanda said...

A really successful messy crafting session to my mind. Your card is beautiful. I always ha e far more fun when I have created everything on my card. I,too, end up with a very untidy craft room!
Wanda

rosie said...

Lovely card, right up my street! x

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, what a wonderful job you have made of this Jayne, a perfect example of the Frantage technique than Fran demonstrates. I love the stamp and colours and your zip flower.
Thanks for sharing this with The Stamp Man at our shabby chic/distressed challenge.
hugs {brenda} xox