Thursday, 16 February 2012

Lili's Little Fairies Challenge - Anything Goes!

Gosh, it's that time of the week already! How time flies. This week it's Anything Goes and I hope that we can persuade you to try something a bit different! The sponsors this week are those lovelies at Wild Orchid Crafts. My mojo has seriously gone walkabout (I'm blaming this never ending bug) so I was a bit stuck this week. I remembered seeing this tutorial at Wiccababe on a walk through blogland so I thought I might as well give it a whirl. Apparently it's a Finnish Star!

I wasn't sure whether you'd all think it was a bit bonkers but I kinda like it - it's a bit quirky. You make two four pointed stars and join them together - I was fine until I got to the joining bit and then I was practically wrestling with the blooming thing!! The scrummy paper is Kissing Booth from Basic Grey and a real steal at 35p from my local craft shop! The leaves are from the Martha Stewart punch and the flowers are from WOC. I've just bought some lilac gardenias from WOC and think I'm in love. LOL! I made a card just so I could use one - how tragic am i?
I love this image; it's one of my favourites.
I've done next to no crafting this week as it's half term. We took my daughter to Hobbycraft today to meet Mister Maker from Cbeebies. We were in a really long queue and had to wait an hour and a half which is like a lifetime for a 4 year old! Mister Maker was absolutely lovely though - worth the wait. I have a lovely photo of my daughter with him - I'll try and add it tomorrow. She was sooo thrilled!! Isn't it great when you get it right!
Rizzoli and Isles tonight - yeah! Looking forward to seeing all your fabulous creations, big hugs Jayne xx.

PS Thank you for all your lovely comments; they really make my day! xx

I'm entering the 'card' into the Wild Orchid Crafts 'Love Is' challenge - the candy looks scrummy!!!!Also into Joanna Sheen's Challenge 'Love is in the Air'.

11 comments:

  1. Jayne this is lovely, so pretty.
    Hugs
    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOW this is sooo gorgeous love the design so lovely idea.:)
    Love the colours and the image is so cute.:)Faabulous work.:)Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what an impressive gorgeous design
    I forgot i had that stamp as well
    love the pinks youve used
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, I'll have to check the tutorial out.....if I remember! lol Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet :) Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the image and the papers. Very neat design.

    Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts!
    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOODNESS Jayne!!! This is just wow wow wow GORGEOUS! You have made such a FABULOUS project and I absolutely LOVE it to pieces! That is a lot of work! hehehe! You're amazing hun!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Work,I love it.
    Carol xx

    www.dreamees.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI sweetie this is very pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this time, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! this is fabulous, I love the finish star. Debbie does a great tutorial on it, I must try it. Yours is stunning Jayne. Thank you for joining us at The Joanna Sheen Challenge this month. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x
    DT member

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a message. It makes my day :)