Friday, 20 January 2012

Every cloud has a silver lining!

 
I decided to make a card with the free papers from the latest issue of Creative Cardmaking (Issue 37). The papers are from the totally scrumptious Promises NitWit Collection. All purples and aquas; what's not to love lol!

I wanted to send the card in for the 'Your Cardmaking' competition. You have to make a card using the free papers and the first prize is £50 to spend in your local craft shop! I won this month and am off to spend the lolly this Sunday :) Anyway to cut my rambling short I now can't enter because the lovely editor has asked me to become part of the Creative Cardmaking team and contribute regular articles! To a normal person this is probably no big deal but to me it's like becoming part of the human race again. It's a long story; suffice it to say that having to give up work 4 years ago broke my heart. Now it feels like perhaps the Universe had a great plan for me after all!

I'll show all the pictures and go watch NCIS! Rizzoli and Isles are back next week :)


The pictures were taken in a hurry because I needed to post it! Do I still need to apologise for the photography or does it go without saying?

I love these page book cards - Edna what have you done! They're addictive! The image on the front of the card is by LOTV as is the sentiment inside the 'book'. The flowers and ribbon are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
 The hearts are the scalloped hearts from Spellbinders.




Ok, enough pictures! The heart on the front of the box is a NitWit topper from the magazine. It's a great magazine; the papers are good quality not printed on shiny magazine paper as in some mags. You know, like the ones you can't use because the tear and crinkle.

I'm going to enter this into the 'Anything Goes' challenge over at the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog

I have rambled for England and given you all a 'death by photo' experience. We probably all need a cuppa and a biscuit now.  Big hugs, Jayne xx

8 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your project.
    How right you are about these books being addictive, I have made loads and am always exploring another occasion to make one.
    Thank you for sharing,
    Hugs,

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow congratulations, you must be over the moon,
    I love your 'book' it is gorgeous.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jayne.
    This is absolutely stunning
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful project, and huge congratulations to you for being chosen as a new team member! Well deserved! M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading for an hour or so as I can't spend too long on the PC otherwise I go sideways!! Trying to catch up with all my blogging friends but I'm fighting a losing battle. lol This card book is beautiful, lovely colours, no other wonder the editor asked you to join them, enjoy. I bet you enjoy spending your prize money as well, well done. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jayne, this creation is just gorgeous! Lovely colour combo and it's nice to see that image as a coloured version. It's beautiful.
    Congratulations for becoming a dt-memeber, have fun!
    And thanks for paying a visit at my humble blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jayne! A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you for becoming a part of the Creative Cardmaking team! They are so LUCKY to have you be with them! :)

    And your projects are absolutely STUNNING!!! I love all the little details that you added, and ooooh how I love those flowers! GORGEOUS work my dear!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo stunning and youhave dona a really wonderful work.
    And congratulations to you for becoming a part of the CCT:):)
    Wish you a wonderful day.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a message. It makes my day :)