Saturday, 12 November 2011

Ahoy there . . . .

This is one of my favourite stamps from Lili of the Valley. I just love the dog in the headscarf! It reminds me of when my daughter dressed our dog up in a bib and blanket! Hopefully I'm going to enter this into the LOTV Creature Comforts challenge and the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge no. 36 brown and blue (I say hopefully as I'm still struggling with the whole linking technology thing!)


The card base was cut using the Grand Nestie scalloped circles. The paper is from the Nitwit Land Ho collection. I have three sets of pirate stamps (!) and I use these papers a lot - who knew how difficult it would be to source fab pirate backing papers? I distressed the edge of the white card and the decorative paper with old paper distress ink. The image is coloured with copics and a few spectrum noir pens (still getting used to the speccies). The sea has been glazed with crystal lacquer. The raffia ribbon is from Wild Orchid Crafts and is great to use on 'man cards' (better than girly ribbon!).


This is the first outing for my new pendant die and I have a feeling that in future lots of my cards will feature bunting lol. I bought it on ebay but I think it is a Whimsy Stamp die. The little bottle is from a Tim Holtz collection of bottles. Only problem is, it's a set of about 9 bottles and I only want to use the smallest four! I have no idea where to buy little bottles - I'd prefer to use plastic - if you have any ideas please let me know.



I am half way through making another Christmas card - at this rate I'll never be ready for Christmas. Maybe I could make pirate themed Christmas cards. Now there's a thought. lol.

Hugs, Jayne x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jayne, gorgeous card and I love the paper. No idea where you could get the tiny bottles though. Good luck with the pirate Christmas cards lol
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. I am a big fan of LOTV and bunting.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card. Hugs Rita (js forum )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Jayne. Gorgeous designs and beautifully crafted.

    Welcome to blogland.
    See, you're not talking to yourself at all!!!

    Hugs,
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is great. I love LOTV stamps too but have to steer clear of too many cute cards because I've got dozens! I followed you from JS forum and have now added my name as a follower. I've just had my blog since February and it soon takes over your life, you'll soon get the hang of it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sweetie, thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this week ♥ Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so sweet, I love it!
    Hugs
    Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this card Jayne! Thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week ...good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a message. It makes my day :)